NERC’s Fall Event a Virtual Conference — October 20–22
NERC's Fall event is a Virtual Conference — The Changing Face of Recycling: Finding New Solutions. The Conference will be held from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. on October 20–22. Please mark your calendars now so you don’t miss it! All registrations from NERC's Spring 2020 Conference will automatically be transferred to the Fall 2020 event.
Agenda Registration Required
PROP & NH DES CEUs available for attending the Conference
Using Recycled Content in Infrastructure Virtual Workshop - November 16–17, 2020
Agenda Registration Required
NH DES CEUs available for attending the Workshop
State & Local Laws Mandating Minimum Recycled Content - Recording & Presentations
NERC Webinar Series Continues to Grow - New Topics Added
All webinars are free. Thank you to our webinar sponsors.
- Voluntary Initiatives Driving the Use of Minimum Recycled Content in Products & Packaging, October 6, 2 pm eastern — Register here
- Container Deposit Laws Taking their Effectiveness to the Next Level through Global Best Practices, October 28, 2 pm eastern — Register here
- Driving Recycling Markets — Introduction to the Government Recycling Demand Champion Program, November 5, 2 pm eastern — Register here
- Should Munis Get Back in the MRF Game?, November 12, 1:30 p.m. eastern — Register Here PROP CEUs available for attending the webinar
- Recycled Content in Paper – Opportunities & Challenges, December 2, 2 pm eastern - Register here
- Plastics: A Complex Topic - The Global Perspective, December 8, 3 pm eastern - Register here
- Buying Recycled - A Training, January 13, 2 pm eastern - Register here
NH DES CEUs available for attending the webinars
Member Spotlight — The Mattress Recycling Council
The Mattress Recycling Council (MRC), one of NERC’s newest Sustaining Advisory Members, is our featured member spotlight this month.
In the U.S., at least 15 million mattresses are discarded every year or an average of 50,000 per day. In 2013, Connecticut became the first state in the country to enact a law requiring the industry to develop and administer a statewide program to collect and recycle discarded mattresses and box springs. California and Rhode Island followed with similar legislation later that year. MRC is the nonprofit organization formed by the mattress industry to operate these state programs. Known as Bye Bye Mattress to consumers, each state’s program is funded by a recycling fee collected when consumers buy a mattress or box spring. Read more . . .
Learn about NERC's fall conference and spring workshop, as well as presentations from past events.
New blogs are posted weekly on substantive topics related to materials management. Visit the blog to see what's new
The NERC website offers a wealth of information, resources, and tools to support materials management; in the region and nationally.
Support NERC and be recognized for your commitment to the advancement of an environmentally sustainable economy.