Current Source Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, & EPP Projects
Click on the following links to learn more about specific projects:
Glass Model Legislation Work Group
The Northeast Recycling Council (NERC), has convened a Work Group to develop model legislation for minimum post-consumer recycled content requirements for glass beverage and food containers, and fiberglass insulation.
Work Group Chairs:
- Chris Nelson, Supervising Environmental Analyst of the Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
- Stephen Burm, Director of State Government Affairs at Anheuser-Busch with technical assistance from Ed Ferguson, Director of Sustainability at Anheuser-Busch.
The goals for developing the model legislation are to:
- Develop markets for post-consumer glass containers.
- Increase the use of post-consumer glass containers in the manufacture of new beverage and food containers and fiberglass insulation.
Stakeholders invited to participate in the Work Group include:
- Glass Container Manufacturers
- Fiberglass Insulation Manufacturers
- Glass Recyclers/Beneficiators
- Industry Associations
- Haulers/Material Recycling Facility Operators
- State Environmental Agencies
- State Recycling Organizations
- Environmental Advocacy Groups
4/8/21 Work Group Call Presentation Slides
Any questions regarding the Glass Model Legislation may be sent to Mary Ann Remolador, NERC's Assistant Director & Work Group staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.