NERC completed the EPA Resource Conservation Challenge grant funded project on C&D Zero Waste. As part of this project, NERC worked with participants from Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, and New York. NERC worked directly with construction site managers to develop zero waste materials plans; provided on-site technical assistance; and developed training tips, implementation tools, fact sheets, and case studies.
The resources developed and posted on NERC’s website for this project include:
• An Introduction to Deconstruction
• Asphalt Shingles Manufacturing and Waste Management in the
• Building Materials Reuse in Remodeling and New Construction
• Calculating the Cost Effectiveness of Recycling C&D
• Case Study on Building Deconstruction in New Haven, Connecticut
• Hazardous Building Materials Found in Homes and Other Structures
• Moving towards Zero Waste & Cost Savings – A Roadmap for
Contractors and Builders
• Summary of U.S. States’ and Municipalities’ C&D Recycling
Regulations ang Requirement
• Winning Construction Bids and Gaining Customers
For more information about this project, contact Mary Ann Remolador, NERC’s Assistant Director and Project Manager.
Northeast Recycling Council, 139 Main Street, Suite 401, Brattleboro, VT 05301 • Phone: 802-254-3636 • Email: email@example.com
© 2020 Northeast Recycling Council, Inc.