Contact: Athena Lee Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-254-3636
Date: July 11, 2019
The Northeast Recycling Council Publishes New Organics Management Documents
Through a recently completed U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Utility Services Solid Waste Management grant, Implementing Food Waste, Organics, and Manure Management in Rural Maryland Communities, the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC) developed and published a number of new educational resources supporting organics and manure management. All of the documents are available for free download from the NERC website.
Available resources are:
- Rural, Small Town, and Tribal Compost Use and Applications Compendium
- Manure Management for Small and Hobby Farms
- Manure Management Education Guide
- Manure Management Resources
- Sample Cafeteria Waste Reduction Plan
- Wasted! Food Waste - Issue, Causes, Impact
- Home & Community Food Scrap Composting Success
Through other food scrap and organics management projects, NERC has published many additional documents and tools, including:
- Food Recovery Hierarchy Compendium
- Reduce Wasted Food - Tip Sheet for Residents
- Organics Management & Composting Guide
- Event Food Waste Diversion Guide
- Compost Marketing Guide
- Model Compost Marketing Plan Template.
For more information, contact Athena Lee Bradley, NERC Projects Manager.