June 8, 2021
Today's blog celebrates the essential support and input provided by an astounding number of NERC Advisory Members that have joined during the current fiscal year.
More organizations than ever before have signed on as NERC Advisory Members this fiscal year. The generosity and commitment of NERC’s Advisory Members has been significant in helping the organization to be a vigorous and successful one. The presence and participation of a diverse set of members expands the table at which ideas are debated.
Most Benefactors and Sustaining Advisory Members are highlighted in the Member Spotlight section of the NERC website, as well as in NERC’s monthly Email Bulletin. Since July 1, 2020, two companies have joined the ranks of Benefactors:
During the same period, four companies and one trade association joined as Sustaining Members:
- GDB International
- American Beverage Association (ABA) is a trade association that represents America's non-alcoholic beverage industry.
- AMP Robotics
- Fire Rover ensures the safety of businesses by detecting and extinguishing fires before they start.
In addition to the new Benefactors and Sustaining Members, twelve organizations have joined as Supporting Members. Six of these are companies:
- Connecticut Junk Removal, LLC provides commercial and residential junk removal, recycling & waste management solutions.
- Machinex Technologies is an industry leader in engineering, manufacturing, and installing Material Recovery Facilities all around the world.
- Novamont North America develops bioplastics and bio-based products that, thanks to their biodegradability in different environments, can contribute to the protection of ecosystems and natural capital.
- Tetra Tech provides service for landfill permitting and design, landfill gas management, organics management, air quality, waste transfer and processing, and sustainable materials management.
- Urban Mining Northeast recycles old bottles and jars into Pozzotive, a product used to create more environmentally sustainable concrete.
- Vanguard Renewables is a national leader in the development of dairy waste-to-energy projects.
Three of the new Supporting members are nonprofit organizations:
- ecomaine provides comprehensive, long-term solid waste solutions in a safe, environmentally responsible, economically sound manner.
- The Environmental Education & Research Foundation (EREF) funds and directs scientific research and educational initiatives for waste management practices to benefit industry participants and the communities they serve.
- Reloop brings together industry, government and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) that share a vision of a thriving global circular economy.
An additional three new Supporting Members are municipalities or regional waste management collaborations:
- Northern Virginia Waste Management Board promotes regional approaches and solutions to recycling and waste management issues in Northern Virginia.
- The Town of Bedford, Massachusetts Refuse and Recycling Program.
- Town of Ipswich, Massachusetts Solid Waste & Recycling.
“NERC is incredibly fortunate to have such strong support from other organizations and companies,” Lynn Rubinstein, NERC Executive Director commented. “Their involvement in NERC brings its commitment to a public-private sector conversation to life, and enables us to sustain our mission of facilitated collaboration and action in support of waste minimization, conservation of natural resources, and advancement of a sustainable economy.”
By Robert Kropp, Office Manager