Join Us for NERC's Fall Conference—Much Ado About Plastics
NERC’s Fall Conference has a stellar line up of sessions and speakers. Here are some highlights of what you can expect at the Conference:
- Keynote Address - Upstream, Uphill, Uprising: the Packaging Industry's Journey Towards Sustainability - Adam Gendell, Associate Director, Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC)
- Managing Plastics Panel - Tonya Randell, Program Manager, More Recycling; Victor Bell, US Managing Director, Environmental Packaging International (EPI); and Kristen Aldred Creek, Director of Policy & Programs, Product Stewardship Institute (PSI)
- Single Use Plastic Legislation - Susan Bush, Principal, Circular Matters; Claire Galkowski, Executive Director, South Shore Recycling Cooperative; and Kayla Montanye, Environmental Program Specialist, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Innovative Products, Programs & Technology - Juri Freeman, Senior Consultant, RRS; Steve Alexander, Executive Director, Association of Plastic Recyclers (APR); William Hancock, Vice President of Operations, Plexus Recycling Technologies ; Craig Cookson, Senior Director of Recycling & Energy Recovery, American Chemistry Council; and Carlos Manchado Atienza, Regional Director of the Americas, TOMRA Sorting Solutions.
- Basel Plastics Decision– Adina Adler, Assistant Vice President of International Affairs, ISRI
- Value of Plastics– Dylan de Thomas, Vice President of Industry Collaboration, The Recycling Partnership
- Toxics in Packaging– John Gilkeson, Chair, Toxics in Packaging Clearinghouse (TPCH) & Principal Planner, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- PFAS - Terri Goldberg, Executive Director, NEWMOA, and Debra Darby, Organics Recycling Consultant, Darby Marketing
- Strategies for Plastics Education - Beth Gingold of Recycle Leaders and Rachel Bookman of ISRI.
More details about the speakers and schedule are in the Conference Agenda.
Exhibitor Space & Sponsorship Opportunities Available
NERC's Webinar Series About Packaging
Organics in Road & Infrastructure Projects - October 3, 2 - 3 p.m.
Member Spotlight - Marcal, a Soundview Paper Company
Today more than ever, both businesses and consumers are committed to making environmentally-sound purchasing decisions. These environmentally conscious consumers want to be assured that the paper products they purchase are produced with recycled fiber. Furthermore, they want to ensure that this ecological thought process begins in production and manufacturing and continues through to the end-product. Read more . . .
Learn about NERC's fall conference and spring workshop, as well as presentations from past events.
New blogs are posted weekly on substantive topics related to materials management. Visit the blog to see what's new
The NERC website offers a wealth of information, resources, and tools to support materials management; in the region and nationally.
Support NERC and be recognized for your commitment to the advancement of an environmentally sustainable economy.