Click on the following links to learn more about specific projects:
Marketing On-Farm Compost for Sustainability and Economic Viability
Through a four-year grant from the Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Program, NERC is providing technical assistance and support to farmers to enhance the marketing of compost in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and New Hampshire.
NERC and project team members are providing the tools to help farmers:
- Explore composting as a value-added product to support their current business operation.
- Understand the importance of quality control and compost recipe develop.
- Learn how to acquire the necessary permits to operate and market compost in their state.
- Explore potential feedstocks and pricing structures.
- Develop marketing and sales strategies to effectively meet local and regional demand. And,
- Develop and implement a compost marketing plan.
A number of resources have been developed for the project, including:
Search for "Compost/Organics" in the NERC website "Resources" section for workshop presentations and additional documents. For additional information contact Athena Lee Bradley, Projects Manager.